The International Peace Group is a nonprofit whose main purpose is to support alternative methods to war so as to prevent war and to support basic principles of human rights worldwide.
War is destroying so many people and a main source of global warming. We value conflict facilitation, group process and open forums as alternatives to war.
- We believe in deep democracy that believes that a spirit of inclusivity helps reduce violence.
- We stand for the rights of all people to have their basic human rights met including the right to be free from hunger and internalized and externalized oppression
- We believe in preserving the wisdom and standing for the rights of indigenous people throughout the world
- We believe that history doesn’t have to repeat itself if processed and that unprocessed history leaves many people and nations stuck in trauma. So we stand for processing and healing history.
- We stand for deep diversity principles in our organization and the world
Conflict work training and interventions in Israel and Palestine
- Healing History seminars throughout Europe
- Supporting Magarini Children’s Center in rural Kenya in its efforts to house, feed, and educate children and its dedication to permaculture and organic farming
- Seminars in United States to support bringing forward the preservation of the wisdom of indigenous groups
- Supporting open forums worldwide to deal with local, regional, national and international issues as an alternative to violence